TLC’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course is aligned to the ISO 13053 Global Standard for Lean Six Sigma Training
Learn online in your own time with videos, voice over narrations, download your eBook per phase, complete online quizzes and exam and receive your international certification through The Leadership Centre
Our aim is to develop you into the most competent Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt capable of taking on difficult business challenges with ease while you support a continuous improvement programme.
Determine the voice of your customer, create a customer journey map, collect data and apply problem solving methods to business issues. In this course students are trained and tested on their understanding and ability to apply the DMAIC tools and techniques to support various elements of the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Our internationally accredited Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt programme is intended as an introduction to the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve & Control) method to problem solving.
- This course is specifically designed for you as a team member who is expected to be a support member of your business improvement programme and is delivered as classroom training with eLearning access to the course
- Become an effective project team member and learn effective problem solving tools and techniques
- The eLearning system is complete with engaging visual content, voice over narrations, instructor videos and progressive learning stages that are controlled by tollgates where you must complete quizzes to progress to the comprehensive exams.
Our eLearning portal and certification body, The Leadership Centre is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
- Explain the Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology
- Discuss the concept of variation
- Develop a Customer Journey Map
- Translate the Voice of the Customer (VOC) to Critical to Quality (CTQ) criteria
- Identify your role in a successful Lean Six Sigma project
- Participate in Lean Six Sigma projects
- Define problem statements
- Design and develop process maps
- Prepare graphical analysis of data (Limited)
- Apply problem solving methods learned in the DMAIC process to business issues
- Evaluate risk of solutions and develop control plans to sustain improvements
5 days Classroom Training
3 months access to the online
LSS Yellow Belt eBook per phase
LSS Yellow Belt Basic Certification Administration
Toolkit and Templates
Phase 1: INTRODUCTION
Lesson 1.1: What is Lean and Six Sigma
Phase 2: DEFINE
The Define phase is where you learn to understand your customer, define and scope your problem.
Lesson 2.1: Introduction
Lesson 2.2: VOC to CTQ’s
Lesson 2.3: Project Charter
Phase 3: MEASURE
This is the phase where you look at the evidence and measure the problem.
Lesson 3.1: Introduction
Lesson 3.2: Process Mapping
Lesson 3.3: Identifying inputs
Lesson 3.4: Screening inputs
Lesson 3.5: Data Collection Methodology
Lesson 3.6: Calculating Process Sigma
Phase 4: ANALYSE
This is the phase where you discover the root causes.
Lesson 4.1: Introduction
Lesson 4.2: Plan for Analyse
Lesson 4.3: Displaying Data
Lesson 4.6: Analyse Process ‘8 Types of Waste’
Lesson 4.6: Analyse Process ‘Value Add and Non-Value Add’
Phase 5: IMPROVE
This is the phase where you implement solutions.
Lesson 5.1: Introduction
Lesson 5.2: Generating and Select Solution
Lesson 5.3: Risk Assessment
Lesson 5.6: Implementing Plan
Phase 6: CONTROL
This is the phase where you sustain the improvement.
Lesson 6.1: Introduction
Lesson 6.3: Control Plan
Lesson 6.5: Handover Solution