International Keynote Speaker for the 2017 KZN Lean Conference Pascal Dennis.
Pascal is a professional engineer, author, and advisor to companies making the lean leap. He developed his lean skills at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) and by working with lean masters in North America and Japan. In leadership positions at TMMC, he supported the launch of several new models and the hiring and training of 2,000 new team members. He has supported lean implementation at leading international companies in sectors as diverse as automotive, process industries, heavy equipment, construction, and health care. The focus of his lean implementation work is strategic planning and execution (strategy deployment), quality, delivery, cost management, health and safety, and business process improvement. Pascal is the author of Lean Production Simplified, Andy & Me: Crisis and Transformation on the Lean Journey, the LEI publication Getting the Right Things Done – a Leader’s Guide to Planning and Execution and The Remedy: Bringing Lean Thinking Out of the Factory to Transform the Entire Organization. He has won numerous Shingo Research Prizes. Pascal aids companies implementing lean through Lean Pathways, Inc.
Pascal Dennis, will cover:
· Fundamentals of Strategy Deployment (Hoshin Kanri)
· Mental Models Underlying Strategy Deployment
· The 4 Fallacies of the Planning School
· 3 PDCA Cycles in Strategy Deployment
· Catchball for Shared Understanding and Alignment
· The ‘Key Thinker’ Concept
· A3 Thinking and how to Implement and make Strategy Deployment Part of your Culture